arrow_back Return

Download previously uploaded media

Related Threads
Download Media From Presenter
By: Matt Latest post: February 6, 2024
March 9, 2022
Is it possible to download media that was previously uploaded? Sometimes Presenter is the quickest place to find PowerPoint presentations or announcement slides and being able to download and edit them for a new service would be very handy.
Posted by Wayne
March 10, 2022
One of the major problems of editing a powerpoint which is already in the media database, and then re-submitting it to the database, is that you can finish up with files having the same name but different contents. It is not always practicable to delete the old file from the media database before adding the new version, especially when it has already been added as a cue in a service. This leads to confusion, even for the person making the changes!
Posted by Paul
March 24, 2022
When you open Presenter on a different computer it downloads all media from the cloud to a temp file location. If you want to edit the powerpoint file, you can go to the media list and look at the Preview/Info under Options Button for the desired file. The file path will be shown as part of the file name. Since it is a temp file it will have a character string name different from the actual file name. you can open and edit that file and then save with a different name and upload to Presenter again. Then go to cue, Edit cue, and select change Presentation under the loaded presentation. that will take you to the media list to select the edited file (click on the checkmark on the left to select). then launch the cue.

I have done this several times when I don't have access to the original file on a different computer.
Posted by John
March 25, 2022
Hey John, thanks so much for your reply. I'll definitely keep that in my notes as it's a great work around.

Posted by Wayne
Login to post a comment