arrow_back Return

Full Featured PowerPoint Integration

Related Threads
Add slide, or re-order imported Powerpoint/Keynote - and 'link to Edit original Powerpoint'
By: Tony Latest post: September 2, 2022
reordering slides imported from keynote/powerpoint
By: Matt Latest post: April 22, 2023
Disable a slide
By: Jamie Latest post: November 29, 2021
April 1, 2022
It would be really good to be able to present full featured PowerPoint presentations, eg slide transitions, timing, embeded audio & video, from within Presenter, without needing the clunky Launch PowerPoint button. I know PPT is a separate product, but other presentation apps (eg EasyWorship) had this functionality a long time ago.

When we have these currently, we convert to an MP4, but that's an extra step that should not be necessary.

Thanks
Posted by John(1)
June 21, 2024
I've seen other posts where WT has noted there are limitations with what can be done with Powerpoint integration. However other products are able to do it. Can we revisit this. Is it possible to embed a Powerpoint viewer (possibly a 3rd party product??) into Presenter?
Thanks.
Posted by John(1)
June 22, 2024
I don't pretend to speak on the behalf of the WT team. But as a developer myself, it's very easy to implement embedded PowerPoint in applications... on Windows. That's probably the big blocker in this case.

Since Presenter is a multi-platform application, it's really not simple to do on a way that is supported on all platforms (possibly even impossible to do). At best, they could do what Proclaim does, which is to allow fully controllable PowerPoint presentations but only when running on Windows, and for other platforms, just do what Presenter already does (convert the slides to static images).

In the case of EasyWorship, it's a Windows only app, so that's why they are able to do it very easily.
Posted by Diego
June 23, 2024
Thanks Diego, that sheds some light.

It would be good to keep the same functionality on both platforms & I imagine there is some configuration management involved in handling differences. However this is a very clumsy way to handle powerpoint presentations and is a major issue, particularly for less experienced users.

Are there no powerpoint viewers for Mac? Is it a question of keeping the same functionality in Mac as in Windows or the same functionality for powerpoint as for keynote presentations?
Posted by John(1)
Login to post a comment