arrow_back Return

Change tab flow to display mode

April 4, 2022
It would be nice if clicking on songs or bibles after searching from the tabs on top could transition straight to display mode instead of 'edit'. When a song is being searched for, I believe the intention is to want to display the song right away and not to edit. So I think it would be more intuitive if after searching for a song using the songs tab on top, and selecting the song, the next screen shown should be the display screen which could also have an edit button at the top to then edit the song. I know the software was designed with utilizing cues as its backbone but it would be great to add a little bit more flexibility; the ability to display songs on the fly (like Videopsalm) without the need to add to a cue list. This could also be the same for the media as well as slides, and could help in reacting to impromptu presentations that need to be displayed immediately after 'Searching' instead of adding to the cue list.
Posted by VI
April 5, 2022
Also, just to add.

Clicking a Song after searching for it from the Songs tab should show the Display view with the song slides ready to be displayed on screen as if the song was on cue. The same flow should be for the Slides tab as well for displaying presentations. Clicking a Slide/Presentation from the corresponding tab above should transition to the Display view as if the presentation was also on cue. These two tabs could then have an Edit button on top that shows the Edit view that is now currently shown when clicked. The Scripture tab does it right by displaying content right away but having a pop up for the Scripture is not ideal. Clicking the Scripture tab should reveal what is shown as a pop up as a full view that covers the whole right side of the cue list, just as the Media tab does. That way it's easier to navigate using the scroll bars and avoids unintentionally clicking outside of the popup window. The Create Cue button can now then be moved to the top of this full view for easier reach.

In terms of moving between cues, I believe the best intuitive design is to use the cues on the cue list strictly for navigation purposes. Selecting a cue on the cue list should not remove the content already displayed from previous cues. So it would be good to have a preview of every type of item that can be on a cue list to the right side of the cue list which is then used to change the content currently displayed on screen, with the flexibility of moving to other cues on the cue list while retaining the content that was previously displayed. The setting 'Automatically fire first slide when cue is launched' seem to work for only presentations but does not work for images, videos or a blank cue. The goal is to retain the previously displayed content while selecting other cues on the cue list.

An Image cue currently does not have a preview to the right for this purpose. It would be nice to have a small thumbnail of the Image on cue to the right after selection which provides a means to then display the image on screen when the thumbnail view is selected (with a green border around as usual to indicate selection.) The should also be the same for video (a preview) and every other type of cueable item.

These are my few thoughts for now and what is keeping me from switching over to Presenter. Thanks!
Posted by VI
Login to post a comment