arrow_back Return

Presenter: Can I format text slides with the free version

September 16, 2023
Hi everyone. We are trying out Presenter at our church.
I try to change the slide background from black to white but cannot see how to do it? It is because it is the free version? Where can I read up on all the limitations of the free version?

Thanks.
Posted by Deon
September 16, 2023
At the moment, there are serious limitations on the formatting of Slides in all levels of Presenter. To get what you want, the solution is crude, but it works -
1) Create a jpg that is solid white (the size does not matter) and save it into the media library.
2) Start a new slide and drag a rectangle covering the full size of the slide, the double click inside the rectangle.
3) Change the box type to media, then select the sample white jpg from the media library. Select the image size to scale
4) Job done (sort of)

Now you have an example of a slide with a white background, save it as a template (see here for more information - https://www.worshiptools.com/en-us/docs/139-slides-templates)

By the way, we are told that Worship Tools are working on enhancements to Slides, but don't hold your breath!
Posted by Paul
September 16, 2023
Hi Paul.

Thank you so much for your reply. It helps a lot. I will quickly try and it out.

Thanks again.
Posted by Deon
September 16, 2023
I managed to get it right. How do I make a text box on the white background? I tried a couple of things but none of it worked. It doesn't look like a slide can have more than one media type.

Thanks again.
Posted by Deon
September 16, 2023
Sorry, Deon, I have to correct my instructions slightly .
When you create the white background, don't fill the slide completely. Leave a thin strip where the background is still visible. Then, when you want to add a text box, start dragging the rectangle from the background strip. You can finish the rectangle in the white area with no problems.
You can repeat this as many times as you want, adding text and / or media boxes as required.
If you do create a template for yourself, it would be sensible to have at least one text box already available for editing. As an alternative to dragging a new rectangle, you could duplicate one of the existing boxes, which has the advantage that it will also duplicate any text formatting that you have applied.
As I said, it is not the most sophisticated slide editing tool you will ever come across.
Posted by Paul
Login to post a comment