arrow_back Return

Ability to trigger changes in other apps (ideally via MIDI output)

June 11, 2024
This would be a major help for those of us who run stuff by ourselves, or otherwise don't have enough personnel to handle everything at once.

As the lone minister for a small congregation, and as a software developer myself, I'm always looking into ways to automate tasks so I can focus on the actual service being done.

As it stands, I use OBS for live streaming, and I need to carry a phone in my hand to control OBS remotely and change scenes. This would be unnecessary if I could trigger changes in OBS from within Presenter.

The industry standard way to do this is via MIDI outputs (as you are aware, since Loop supports it). Currently Presenter supports MIDI inputs only, but if it also supported MIDI outputs, I could easily set things up so that specific slides or items in the service triggered OBS actions. Ideally this would be in the form of specific notes for specific items, but OBS is flexible enough that even just a single tone on every item can enable so much automation for most people.

If this was present in the product, the potential for automation would be immense (basically limitless, as everything from PTZ cameras to lights could be automated), and it would really set Presenter apart from other competitors (as far as I know, only ProPresenter has this feature).
Posted by Diego
Login to post a comment